Pain is one of the reasons why most people sought after Chinese medicine and acupuncture. From Chinese medicine perspective, pain indicates obstruction or blockage which impedes the normal flow of qi. The causes of the pain can be due to more superficial obstruction like mis-alignment of soft tissue, fascia, or joint, or a more internal obstruction due to imbalance within the internal organ systems.
Pain management is one of our specialties and we have great success in treating pain. We use a combination of treatment modalities (myofascial alignment, acupuncture, cupping, Tui-Na) based on your condition to resolve pain.
Below is a list of conditions that we can help you with:
- Pain in any area of the body (headache, neck pain, shoulder pain, arm pain, carpal tunnel, elbow pain, back pain, hip pain, knee pain, ankle pain, plantar fasciitis etc.)
- Acute or chronic musculoskeletal conditions
- Sports injury
- Trauma due to accident, fall, whiplash etc.
- Tightness of the tissue or muscle on one or both sides of the body
- Feeling of excessive pressure on muscles and joint that produces pain
- Numbness and tingling on the limbs
*See Myofascial Alignment Manual Therapy (MAMT) under Treatments for more information on pain.